At WJMF, we collect information as follows:
- Information You Provide: This includes information entered when submitting manuscripts, registering, or requesting further information. Examples are names, email addresses, institutional affiliations, and areas of expertise.
- Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit our site, we may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device.
Use of Information
The information we collect from you may be used to:
- Enhance user experience and improve the quality of our site.
- Communicate with you about the status of your manuscript submission, notifications, and other updates.
- Analyze site usage for research and development purposes.
We value your trust and do not sell, rent, or give your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information in the following situations:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- To comply with laws, rules, or legitimate legal requests.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of WJMF, our users, or the public.
We are committed to protecting your data and implement various security measures, including encryption technologies and physical security, to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Visitor & Customers Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of errors in your data.
- Request the deletion of your data.
- Object to or restrict the processing of your personal data.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Managing Cookies: You can set your browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the site may not function properly without cookies.
Third-Party Links and Services
Our site may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personal information.
WJMF is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under this age. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information.
International Data Transfers
WJMF is headquartered in [Country], and the information we collect is governed by [Country] law. If you are accessing the site from outside of [Country], please be aware that information collected through the site will be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in [Country]. Data protection laws in [Country] may be different from those of your country of residence.
Changes to this Policy
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe from Communications
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Users may also opt-out of receiving promotional communications by contacting us via our provided contact information.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to [Insert Email Address].
GDPR Compliance Statement
For users within the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR). If you believe that your personal data has been used in a way that is not consistent with the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
No Rights of Third Parties
No Error-Free Performance
How to Contact Us